Goodfellas

  Some of my favorite movies are older films from the 90s, I love these films because of their usage of background music and I feel as if it really helps get the mood across and makes me feel a certain type of way. Recently I just rewatched one of my favorite films, Goodfellas. This film is a mobster film that goes through Henry Hill's life story and how he went from being a boy who had nothing to one of the top mob bosses in the city.


    The film features a variety of music styles, including classic rock, pop, and jazz. The use of popular music from the 1950s and 1960s helps to establish the film's setting in the 1960s and 1970s, while also contributing to the film's nostalgic tone. By doing so during ballroom scenes and other fancy sets portrayed we feel a sense of peace because of the music choice which helps us soak it all in. For example, during the wedding scene "Life is but a Dream" by the Harptones is playing, this song choice helped me feel the love of the wedding and made me enjoy it even more than I would have if we just heard voices in the background.



    As far back as I can remember...': Goodfellas is still the greatest  gangster movie ever made | The Independent

Comments